Curious if weed seeds are legal to buy in Denver? Read this blog: Cannabis seeds Denver! Buy @ Weedseedsexpress and get FREE SEEDS + BEST SERVICE! Quality control is important no matter the motivation for growing cannabis. As convenient as clones are, you're stuck with the paranoia of buying B-squad genetics and any diseases or pests they might carry. Using seeds brings more environmental control and peace-of-mind, and they're cheaper in the long run than clones. So why are they so hard to find? RiNo Supply Company | Looking to buy high-quality marijuana seeds? Order online now. We have the best cannabis seeds for sale!
2021 Guide to Buying cannabis seeds in Denver
Denver is the capital city of Colorado and is known for being a populous, liberal city with a thriving arts scene. And it is famous for another reason; for being the center of marijuana in the USA. It is even nicknamed the El Dorado of cannabis in the USA as it has been legal to buy and sell for nearly eight years. Colorado was one of the first states in the USA, along with Washington, to legalize the use of medical and recreational cannabis. Since then, many other states have followed in the trend for legalization. Nevertheless, Denver remains a focal point for weed-lovers in the state, and it is effortless to get hold of cannabis. There are numerous shops, pharmacies and dispensaries throughout the city.
However, although it is certainly legal to buy seeds in Denver, it is also advisable to research the law in this area. To make things easy for you, here is our guide to growing cannabis legally in Denver:
Can you possess and use cannabis in Denver?
In 2014, the Colorado government legalized the purchase, possession, and use of cannabis. Colorado state law states that:
- The individuals must be 21 years of age or older to buy, consume, or own it.
- Cannabis may not be shared, sold or given to anyone under the age of 21.
- When purchasing cannabis, you must present your proof of age.
- Also, you can only purchase cannabis from licensed dealers, and there is a limit to the amount a person can buy or own. Currently, this amount is set at one ounce (28 g).
Adults over 21 may give up to one ounce of cannabis to another adult (who must also be over 21) but cannot sell it to them. This would be the case even if they grew the cannabis themselves.
Further restrictions are laid down in the law. For example, it is still illegal to consume cannabis in public places, such as cafés, concert halls, and amusement parks, but also while walking on the pavement. Common rooms in apartment buildings are also included.
On top of that, it is illegal to use cannabis on state property, as cannabis use is still illegal under federal law. This means that you cannot consume it in places such as national parks or state forests.
While cannabis consumption is permitted at home, the law gives property owners (i.e., landlords) the right to prohibit tenants from using or possessing cannabis in their home or apartment. Hotel owners are also allowed to ban it from their premises.
Employer rights are also protected. Although cannabis use is now legal in Denver, employers are still allowed to test their employees for cannabis use. They can also use the test results to decide whether to hire someone.
Driving and cannabis use
There is a limit to how much THC (the substance in cannabis that is responsible for the high) motorists can have in their blood while driving without committing a crime. If a person is caught driving a vehicle while their blood count is over the limit, they may be charged with driving while under the influence of drugs.
The law states that motorists are allowed to have less than five nanograms of THC per milliliter of whole blood. This also applies to people who consume medicinal cannabis.
Also, there must be no open containers with cannabis in the vehicle. If the security seal on the box breaks and there is evidence that some pf the product has been consumed, the driver can get a traffic offense complaint.
Can you sell cannabis in Denver?
Denver allows licensed dealers to sell cannabis. However, they must adhere to certain rules:
- No sales are allowed to people under the age of 21 (You mush have valid ID).
- No one under the age of 21 is allowed to enter the restricted area of the store.
- Sales are only permitted between 8 a.m. and midnight. Sales hours may be restricted in some areas of the country.
Anyone who sells or manufactures cannabis products must ensure that the packaging:
- Is resealable
- Is child safe
- Is not transparent (the content must not be visible)
- All packaging must bear a special symbol as required by the Ministry of Finance.
In 2013, the residents of Colorado voted to impose a 10% sales tax on retail cannabis in addition to the state’s standard 2.9% tax rate. In addition, an excise tax of 15% was added to the wholesale price of retail cannabis. However, these taxes do not apply to medical cannabis.
Can you grow cannabis in Denver?
Federal law allows people to grow cannabis at home. Up to six plants per person are allowed, of which a maximum of three can flower at the same time. There are a couple of important limitations to be aware of:
- Since 2018, a maximum of twelve cannabis plants can be grown in a household. It doesn’t matter how many people over 21 live there.
- In some counties, there are stricter laws regarding cultivation.
- All plants must be grown in a locked area.
- They must not be visible (which means they cannot be grown outside in the garden).
- Minors may not have access to the cultivation area.
- If minors live in the property, it must be ensured that they do not have access to the plants.
Marijuana seeds for sale in Denver
Only licensed dealers are allowed to sell cannabis products, including seeds.
How to buy marijuana seeds in Denver?
Denver’s dispensaries sell seeds, or you can visit one of several seed banks.
Another option is to order high-quality seeds online from Weedseedsexpress directly. With a germination guarantee, fast delivery and ultra-careful packaging, you can look forward to growing the seeds of your choice conveniently delivered to your home address.
Tip: check all our marijuana seeds
The best strains to grow in Denver
Denver has an unpredictable climate that can make growing weed outdoors something of a challenge. Its average elevation is nearly 7,000 feet above sea level, which means it often has exceptional levels of UV light penetration – a good thing for a high concentration of THC, which makes it a shame the law is so restrictive for outdoor grows. Denver is inland and is an unusually arid state so additional irrigation is almost certainly essential.
For the best chance of success, start seedlings indoors in early March, use containers, so plants can be quickly removed from unexpected storms, and consider a greenhouse or indoor grow – as well as staying on the right side of the law!
Almost any Indica’s will thrive in Denver area; hardy varieties with short seasons. Denver’s early autumn is ideal for the growing dense buds. Indoors, you can grow any strain you please.
Fantastic Seeds and Where to Find Them: Buying Marijuana Seeds in Denver
Quality control is important no matter the motivation for growing cannabis. As convenient as clones are, you’re stuck with the paranoia of buying B-squad genetics and any diseases or pests they might carry. Using seeds brings more environmental control and peace of mind, and they’re cheaper in the long run than clones. So why are they so hard to find?
High-quality cannabis seeds aren’t as easy to grow and sell as, say, sunflower or pumpkin seeds. The breeding process takes time, according to Ben Holmes, a former cannabis breeder who now specializes in hemp.
“It takes two to three years to develop a seed, to make it sellable,” he says of breeding sturdy, potent genetics. “It’s tremendously expensive to do it on a large level if you want something good.”
Few dispensaries sell and market their own seeds, relying on wholesale suppliers instead. Thanks to the legal boom in business, however, Colorado has more than enough commercial seed breeders to go around — but it’s hard to figure out who carries them. After scouring menus and bud bars, we’ve compiled a list of Denver-area seed breeders and where to find them.
1. The Green Solution
Ten metro locations
If you walk into any Green Solution location, the first thing you’ll notice is the selection. So it’s no surprise that TGS is a dispensary leader in cannabis home-growing products. Not only does each location sell clones and seeds with TGS genetics, but they also sell male marijuana pollen to use on female plants for crossbreeding. That is NOT recommended for beginners, however. Check out the Green Solution’s online ordering option to see what genetics are in stock at the closest store near you.
It’ll take a few months to find out if the Green Solution has Colorado’s finest genetics, but at least you can pre-order them online now.
2. 14er Holistics
2897 Mapleton Avenue, Boulder
As seed-breeding programs continue to fall by the wayside, 14er Holistics remains one of the finest dispensaries to do it. The innovative Boulder pot shop has been selling seeds and tinkering with strains since 2009, creating rare and potent strains like Mamboe (Mamba Double Underdawg x Tahoe OG) and Charlotte’s Tange (Charlotte’s Web x Tangistan Kush). If you’re unsure about driving all the way to Boulder for seeds, buy some of 14er’s stanky flower to make it more worthwhile.
3. The Bank
The Bank is an offshoot of the Clinic, one of Denver’s most esteemed dispensary chains. One visit to a Clinic bud bar and it’s easy to tell why, with award-winning takes on Grape God Bud and Tangie. Unfortunately, you can’t get those local favorites from the Bank, but it still has interesting strains to choose from with similar genetics. Classics like Bubba Kush, Durban Poison and SAGE are used to produce hybrids like Grape Kush and Lemon Poison. The list of pot shops that sell the Bank’s seeds changes regularly, but it’s almost always a safe bet to find them at any of the Clinic’s four locations or five others listed below.
2020 South Colorado Boulevard
4380 East Alameda Avenue, Glendale
2394 South Broadway
Keep reading for more seed breeders and where to find them.
Some consumers of cannabis in Denver prefer to grow their marijuana plants for medical and recreational use. They like knowing exactly where their plants come from and what techniques were used to produce them. Others enjoy the process of growing things, as all sorts of gardening enthusiasts do. As the popularity and legal availability of cannabis have grown, marijuana seeds are more in demand than ever. Growing marijuana plants from seeds is the best way to start when you’re new to the process.
Why Cannabis Seeds?
Genetics is everything when it comes to growing plants of consistently high quality. If you are a customer willing to learn and put in the hard work required, you can grow plants that are uniquely suited to you. Here are some of the advantages if you’re interested in purchasing your marijuana seeds from a seed bank.
- Plants that you grow yourself from seeds are usually more robust and healthier than cloned plants. Raising a plant from the seed gives it a sturdier root system and a firm anchor into the ground. Plants grown from seeds are better able to resist diseases, insects, and adverse weather.
- Plants from the marijuana seeds tend to yield more product since their strong genetics make them healthier and more likely to survive.
- Growing plants from seeds are more cost-effective for the customer than other methods. Packets of seeds from a seed bank are easy to purchase online because shipping and delivery are inexpensive. Every pouch has many seeds, so you increase the odds of getting good healthy plants.
Are Cannabis Seeds Legal in Colorado?
Cannabis seeds in Denver are legal in Colorado as part of the 2021 legislation that created the licensed marijuana trade. However, rules still apply to the process of growing and using weed. You can’t smoke it while driving or out in public. Also, suppose you’re thinking of making a business out of your marijuana growing. In that case, you’ll need to follow the procedures set out by the law for licensing, operations, and Colorado seed management.
What Is a Cannabis Seed Bank?
A cannabis seed bank is a compilation of cannabis seed genetics. All of this information helps growers develop weed with a consistent set of characteristics. Most people who grow their plants get the seeds and the pedigree of those seeds from a seed bank. It’s hard to overestimate the importance of the cannabis seed bank in developing the many strains of marijuana available now in Denver and around the world. Many seed banks store cannabis seed varieties, but do not produce them.
What Are Some Varieties of Cannabis Seeds?
You have so many choices for the kind of seeds you can buy in Denver that it can feel overwhelming. As you’re learning, you can start by understanding indica, sativa, and hybrid strains.
- Indica-dominant strains give consumers a more dramatic change in the body. They’re popular with people who use cannabis for pain relief, as a sleep aid, or for relaxation.
- Sativa-dominant strains are more popular for consumers seeking a burst of energy.
- Hybrid strains vary in their effects based on the components in them.
Once you understand the categories, you can narrow down the seeds you need to grow the strain you want, and the conditions you’ll need to create to grow successfully. For example, some strains grow better indoors where they aren’t so vulnerable to the Denver elements. The experts at a quality seed bank can help you find the seeds that match the goals you have for growing your plants.
What Are Feminized Seeds?
As you’re browsing a Denver seed bank online, you may see the seeds you’re researching described as regular, feminized, or autoflowering. These terms are related to how the seed is bred, not which strain of marijuana they grow.
- Regular seeds grow into male plants. Feminized and autoflowering grow into female plants. This bit of information is critical to understand because male plants don’t flower, which means they don’t give you anything to smoke. Also, when male plants pollinate the female plants, the buds that result are inferior in quality and have too many seeds. You want to eliminate any male plants that sneak into your growing operation, so you want to buy more seed than you think you will need if you’re using regular seeds.
- Feminized seeds produce only female plants. However, it’s still possible for other seeds to get into the batch, so you want to watch your plants as they grow and get rid of any males. Feminized seeds are generally the easiest to grow, and they produce the most significant yield.
- Autoflowering seeds are lower maintenance to grow than others. For example, regular seeds need specific lighting levels to flower, but autoflowering seeds flower without manipulating the light levels. This type of seed is genetically developed to flower.
Where Can I Learn More?
At RiNo Supply Co., we carry only the best cannabis producers’ products, maintaining our seed bank with a broad selection of highest-quality marijuana seeds available in the Denver area. We’re a leader in the industry, and we take great pride in caring for our medical and recreational clients. RiNo Supply Co. strives to give our customers the most competitive prices. You can shop online or contact us for more information on visiting our store.